Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Now Serving: Hungry Andy's

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. It's been 2 weeks since my last burgerfession.

Searching for somewhere to eat in Fells Point led me to Hungry Andy's. A big website, moderate pricing, and an extensive menu led me to believe this was going to be a much MUCH bigger establishment than it was.

I was mistaken.

Dropped on S. Broadway, just far enough away from the water that you can find parking at lunchtime. Small, but quaint. Who needs a huge dining area. I'm all about the hole in the wall. That hidden gem nobody knows about.

The menu online had 16 different ways to make their burger. I opted for a classic, 1/4 pound, lettuce and tomato, mayo, Add bacon to show off, and topped with Whiz. Benefit of having a place that does Philly Style cheesesteaks and means it. A shop that claims Philly style anything wit no whiz is off their rocker.

They bring my plate. Foil wrapped to ensure freshness, with a piece of "Double Bubble", which is a nice touch. Bubble gum is old school. I unwrap my ticket to burgertown, and realize, it's been far too long since I've had 1/4 pound of beef, because the burger is tiny. I'm sure the weight is accurate, but eating half pound or larger burgers have set my standards a little high as far as quantity of meat. These "more than a mouthful" monstrosity's dwarf anything by comparison.

Add caption here
The burger itself: Surprisingly Average. Beef average, bun average (and cold in spot, weird since the foil should help warm everything), bacon average. Nothing was bad, but I can't exactly rave about how fantastic it was. I did appreciate the cheesy sauce oozing everywhere. Otherwise, not totally sure what I was expecting. Maybe my hopes were set too high. Maybe my intense hunger overrided my ability to taste. Whatever it was, nothing struck a chord with me.

I may have consumed the most average burger on the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment